Friday, December 23, 2005

One REALLY Fun Part of my job!

I just experienced one of the the MOST fun parts of being a Pastor. Once in a while, someone will want to give a significant gift to someone else, and they want to do it anonymously.

Yesterday, someone from church came by, dropping off the keys to a donated car along with instructions that it go to a single mother in our church. I spent a few hours the last two days running it to the mechanic and sprucing it up, making sure evrything is safe and well-operational. I then called the gal she lives with and had her bring the mom over to the office.

What joy to watch her become overwhelmed at the Christmas-timed generosity of another person who would think of her in such a way! I just had to share with someone what a blessing it is sometimes to do what I do. That was a blast!!

No comments: