Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Easter ... come and gone

What a great weekend we celebrated at NewHeart! Easter is always an exciting time around most churches, but something different was definitely in the air this last weekend.

I can't even tell you what it was, but something was different for me. For some reason, from about Saturday afternoon (around the time I start to really focus on Sunday morning), I began to feel a deep sense of excitement and anticipation.

It's not that I don't feel excited week to week, but something within me just had a stronger sense of anticipation than normal. When we reached Sunday morning, everything fell together. From the first worship song until the last light switch was turned off and doors were locked, there was a palpable sense of God's presence on our Easter Celebrations.

Between both celebrations, we had 320 people, with a handful giving their life to Jesus for the first time and many more recommitting to a relationship with Him. It was just awesome!

I am excited about the next several weeks as we continue our series, "Living In Community Without Driving Each Other Crazy". I would be very interested to hear your thoughts and questions about this intriguing series. Let's talk about it!

At the very least, leave me a note here that you visited. If I get enough response, I'll keep doing this. If I don't, I'll consider it a good ole college try and put it away. So let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Pastor Paul said...

Come on now ssouthcott! Give a guy a break and check the website more regularly. The staff page was updated with the new pictures about the same time that you left your comment. But thanks for the reminder anyway. There's no staff like the NewHeart staff!!!