Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Feel A Setup Coming On

If you're a traveler, maybe you've experienced the same thing I have. Some trips you have a mental countdown for as departure moves closer. Other trips seem to kind of sneak up on you. This one has the feel of sneaking up on me.

It's not that you don't know it's coming. Sometimes, there's just so much going on before you leave that the weeks seem to slip by and before you know it, it's time too pack. This one feels like that.

Ride to the Flyaway was great, as I got to spend some time with my sister, April. Ride to the airport was comfy, as the bus wasn't too crowded. You can kind of stretch out that way, and today's crowd was quiet. A nice start to the day.

On the way to the airport, I text Chuck Shoemake (my Pastor, mentor and friend), who I know is in Atlanta, Georgia, most probably flying to Houston for the same Foursquare Convention I am heading out to.

I say, "Chuck, you flying out today? If so, what time? I'm flying in at about 2:30." He texts back, "Me too, same time, 2:27 to be exact, on Delta." "I check my ticket (on Delta!), which has my arrival time at 2:27!!! NO WAY!

So I say, "Chuck, want to share a taxi to the hotel?" He calls me and says the couple that was going to try to fly with him into Houston to help him get to the hotel ends up flying 2 hours earlier than him. If I can meet him, they don't have to wait for him at the airport for 2 hours.

Wow! What a setup! Only God! I wonder what else He has set up for me this week!

No comments: