Friday, February 02, 2007

A Fulfilling Weekend

Most who know me are aware that I'm a "long haul" kind of guy. I am passionate about being involved in people's lives over the long haul. Heck, I've been here at NewHeart for over 21 years now! I suppose that says it.

Anyway, I get to have one of those long haul, very fulfilling kinds of weekends. This morning, Colleen and I will drive to Paso Robles, where Gaylord Wolfe is getting married to Cathy Anding tomorrow night.

For years, Gaylord and his late wife, Linda, were involved in our church, hanging through thick and thin. A number of years ago, Linda was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a form of blood cancer. We prayed and saw God do miracle after miracle. A little over two years ago, Linda's battle on this earth ended.

What a privilege it was to be involved in Linda and Gaylord's battle. This man was SO faithful to every need Linda had. And the Lord blessed him with such understanding employers, especially at the end of Linda's life.

Well, we grieved and celebrated like nobody's business at Linda's homegoing and beyond. And now, God has brought this wonderful lady, Cathy, to Gaylord's life. And I am honored to be a part of officiating at their wedding.

These are the times that I take a deep breath and say, "It's worth it!"

1 comment:

Sherene said...

That's wonderful. I'm a long haul kind of person too. Once I connect with someone, I stick like glue to praying and believing for good things for them. God gives me opportunities that I could never think of myself that helps me through the good and the bad and the ugly. And it's always worth it to hang on and believe in His miracles.