Friday, February 09, 2007

Things Kids Say

My younger son, Jonathan, said one of the funniest things tonight. We were headed for ice cream ... Dairy Queen for the kids, and the grocery store for ice cream sandwiches for Colleen and I.

Jonathan suggested that I drop off he and his brother, Joshua, at the store to get the ice cream sandwiches while I head to Dairy Queen for their blizzards, then pick them up on my way back. I told him that wouldn't fly.

He asked the kid-natural question ... WHY? I informed him I had no cash to give him, not wanting to tell him I didn't want my 11 and almost-12 year old sons wandering the aisles of a grocery store without me or Mom.

He very "adultly" suggested that I just give him my credit card and PIN number!!! To this, I stated that with my picture on the front of my card, I didn't think the cashier would go for it.

Jonathan said, "Sure she will. I'll just tell her that picture was taken when I was 2 years old. That was when I was young and looked old, and now I'm old and look young. I'm doing the 'reverse thing'!"

Where he came up with that I'll never know, but it CRACKED me up! As we grow older, we sometimes wish it were true, huh? Come on, don't look at me like you don't ever think that! I KNOW it ain't just me!

1 comment:

Sherene said...

6aw1pE07
6That's just too funny. I can see it happening to parents though. Kids think they're old enough to take off on their own and no one will question why they're alone in a store. That's a funny one though. :-)