Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Privilege

Got to officiate a wedding last Saturday night. This one onvolved a couple who met online. I don't recommend this method because of its inherent dangers, but I have seen it work for a number of couples.

The bride has been a part of our church for a number of years. This is the only church family she has ever known. We've been through the ups and downs of life together.

The groom moved to this area last Summer from the Central California Coast area when it was clear the relationship was going to last. He is a great man for this woman.

The amazing thing about them is they are both in their early 40s, and this is the FIRST marriage for both of them! They have patiently waited for God to bring them the right person, and I believe God is going to bless that.

Then, Sunday morning, I had the privilege of dedicating Micah Allan Littlejohn, born on January 20 to Craig & Stacy. Stacy was a part of my Youth Group when I was the Youth Pastor here. Craig led worship for our church during some of his Bible College days.

Now, they're parents! It's just a privilege to serve the same church for over 21 years now, and events like these help me see why I do this. I love watching people and families grow through the years!

1 comment:

Sherene said...

Sounds beautiful to me.