Monday, June 11, 2007

It's Monday

Last night, spent much of the evening with my brother, Steve, catching up on the events of his life. The last couple months have been somewhat chaotic. He is hopeful (as we all are) that this move to Texas will give him a chance at a new start in his life.

This morning, met he and my Dad in the city of Rockwall. That's where I spent my Middle School years, and it is just south of Royse City. They were dropping off Dad's van for some work. The three of us had breakfast at IHOP (have you tried their new Stuffed French Toast? AMAZING!) and then made runs to Wal-Mart and Lowe's.

In the parking lot of Wal-Mart, a Rockwall Police Officer noticed my brother's California license plates and asked where he was from. Turns out the Officer spent 14 years with LAPD before moving here, but was born and raised in Simi Valley! Small world!! May get to do a ride-along with him sometime this week.

We've now settled at what Dad calls my "second office", Starbucks, while we wait for his van to be finished. I've yet to make my nostalgia trips around town and into the little town of Heath, which was where we lived most of for 2 of our 4 years here.

It was at Heath Baptist Church that I started to establish my relationship with God, so it's got a special place in my heart. I also have a nephew who is buried in the cemetery there. He was my older brother, Leroy's (who passed away in '94), son who only lived for one day in 1982.

3 comments:

deb&kellyciulla said...

Wow..finally figured out how to leave you a comment and let you know we have been praying for you and enjoying your trip updates. Drive safe and enjoy your family.

Veronica Joy said...

Thanks for all the blogs. It almost feels like we are there with you, which we are in prayer. Blessing, Veronica Joy

Pastor Paul said...

Thanks for letting me know you're here Ciulla's and Veronica!! Knowing you're here and checking makes it also feel for me as though I have fellow travelers!

I miss you guys! Thanks for faithfully praying!

Paul